A 12 week challenge for people of all ages to improve their spiritual and physcial fitness to be better instruments in the hands of God while helping Him build His Kingdom!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Being an Angel - Week 9: Day 3

Hello MFFTK angels-

Great job last week and congrats to the 30 people who still reported- 8 of you had perfect weeks!!! That's 26.6 % of us that got 63 points! And... 10 people were in the fifties! No matter what your scores are- I am so glad you are toughing it out to the end!  I hope you are feeling the blessings... I am! 

Are you remembering to pray to be an instrument in the Lord's hands and then watching for ways that the Spirit directs you to help others? Whenever you get a benevolent or charitable hunch or a thought - DO NOT DISMISS IT! Just assume with confidence that that is the Holy Ghost gently guiding you to those in need. "Angel-ing" comes in many forms... a phone call, a visit, a smile, an email, a shoulder to cry on, helping someone financially, praying for someone who is facing a trial, sharing your testimony with someone... or just being a loving person in whatever capacity you serve. Please check out this recent article from the AZ Republic about Ralph, an earthly angel who works at the drive-through at the McDonald's near my house. 4 months ago he made such an impact on me that I wrote about him in my journal and he was a total stranger!!! His simple and pure love of Christ and others has made him a bright and shining example of charity that many people besides myself have noticed. http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/2011/05/23/20110523gilbert-mcdonalds-popular-drive-through-worker-ralph.html

Four days after my sister, Liza's, funeral, I was wearing one of her shirts my mother had given me and I had never worn it before. I drove through McDonald's to get my kids a snack and there was Ralph, he said "Wow, you are dressed for success!" and I told him thanks, it was my sister's shirt. Then he asked how my weekend was and he was so sweet I felt like telling him the truth, that we had actually just had the funeral of my little sister but that we were doing okay thanks to the prayers of so many people and a feeling of closeness to God. He was so tender in his response, and he said, "Keep being the wonderful you that you are. You radiate with light and it shows. When we lose loved ones we know that they are safe in God's arms. God bless you."  I was blown away. It was music to my ears and made me almost cry. When Liza was alive I worried about her safety almost constantly and it was nice to be reminded that now she was safe in God's arms. I knew that Ralph was being inspired by the Holy Ghost with what he said to me and it was incredibly comforting. He was my angel that day! This is what I want us to be!!!

I love you guys! Have a fantastically fruity week and we will talk again soon!
Sarah



MYSTERY CHALLENGE: Be an angel (Worth 3 points).
YES! The Lord needs mortal angels and I will be one of them!297%
No, it's too much work.00%
How did you feel about the GENEALOGY challenge this week?
I enjoyed helping family members get one step closer to salvation72%
I don't have much experience in this area but took a step in the right direction123%
I don't know what I am doing and so I didn't try10%
I was too busy to help my ancestors92%
Which daily challenge was the most difficult for you this week?
Twice daily personal prayer31%
Daily personal scripture study10%
Not eating after 7:3020%
Exercise61%
No desserts123%
No Soda (or other personal nemesis)31%
Drinking 64 oz of water20%
Are you going to incorperate last week's challenge (drink 64 oz WATER) into your daily routine now?
Absolutely! Hydration feels amazing!225%
Somewhat, I will drink more water than I did before but probably not 64 oz each day!72%
No. Drinking soda is as close as I will get to drinking water!00%
No. I don't like the decor in my bathroom enough.00%
Which of the WEEKLY challenges have improved your health the most?
No Sweets184%
Food Journal- Count Calories00%
7 hours of sleep per night51%
Eat Recommended Fiber20%
100 Sit-ups per day00%
Write in Journal daily10%
4 servings of veggies a day31%
Rate yourself between 1 and 5 on your effort
1- I didn't try at all10%
2- I tried a little but can do much better92%
3- I put a decent amount of effort into it41%
4- I wasn't perfect but worked hard102%
5- I gave it all I had this week!51%
Would you be interested in a party at the end of this challenge?
Yes205%
No92%

--
Lots of love-
Sarah Crawford

480-236-2326

No comments:

Post a Comment