We did it!!!!
I can't believe it's over... well... NOT QUITE YET!
We are doing one more week of ALL THE WEEKLY (and daily) CHALLENGES IN ONE WEEK!
I can't wait to try this. It's gonna be extra hard because I will be in California for 3 of the 7 days. We'll see how that goes!
Before I finish 12 weeks I have to share what I have learned in the challenge and how it has blessed my life. There is no way to understate how much of a blessing this challenge has been to me. My sister passed away 5 months ago from suicide and I believe that if I hadn't been focused on this challenge and staying on top of my physical, spiritual and emotional health, with about 40 wonderful friends, I would not have come out of this phase of life feeling as peaceful and strong and focused as I feel right now. I have had so many wonderful experiences and have immensely enjoyed reading about all the incredible experiences of the others in this group. They have shared with all of us what they have learned, how they have grown, how their lives and the lives of others around them (both friends and strangers) have been blessed because they are more ready, willing and able to heed the call of the Lord to be his angels. The world needs more angels! Thanks to all who did this with me for your inspiration.
Here is a list of some of the practical things that I have learned about myself and how I work best:
What I have learned from More Fit For the Kingdom!
- Getting up early and working out is the only way for me to be really happy.
- I must get my prayers and scripture in the morning as early as possible
- Taking a nap in the afternoon after I have done all my most important items, is FAR better than sleeping in.
- Going to the temple once a week is essential.
- Eating treats does not have to be a daily event and feel better and taste better when done once or twice a week. I CAN DO IT!
- Exercise does NOT have to be in a gym, really long and difficult or boring.
- Exercise is best for my overall health when it is outside or with other people.
- I don’t have to be in exercise clothes to get some exercise!
- Praying every day to be an instrument in the Lord’s hands brings to pass the greatest experiences and blessings. It is what I am here for- and those that need me as an instrument the most, are my own family. If my day feels disjointed and out of sync, it's because I forgot to pray in the morning.
- I CAN work out 6 days a week! (I only missed 2 days of exercise the whole 12 weeks and one day was because I was SICK!)
I CAN DO HARD THINGS because I AM WILLING TO LET THE LORD HELP ME!!!
Thanks to everyone for joinging me on this journey and let's rock this last crazy everything week!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment