A 12 week challenge for people of all ages to improve their spiritual and physcial fitness to be better instruments in the hands of God while helping Him build His Kingdom!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Get Set...

Last minute details and motivation!

This Friday morning I listening to the Mormon Radio App. on my iphone and it just so happened that a talk given by Elder Glenn L. Pace at a BYU devotional was on and this is what I heard (keep in mind that all I can think about is the 12 week challenge and all of you, who I want to help be successful)… Here is what he said,

There is no question about the seriousness of the condition of the world. Keep in mind, however, that you were foreordained to come to the earth at this precise season.

…You should be looking for opportunities to use your unique set of talents in making the world better and building the kingdom of God. You have not come to this earth in these troubled times by coincidence. You have not been sent to the earth during this wicked period of the earth’s history to fail because of it but to succeed in spite of it—and to help others do the same.
With this sobering thought you can’t afford to let the distractions of life, let alone the decadence all around you, make you swerve off course. You can’t become cynical about the state of the world rather than doing your part to improve it. This kingdom will never again be taken from the earth, and you are going to help build it.  
WOW!!! Do you believe in coincidences? I DON’T!

Father in Heaven likes our plan! What’s not to like?

The MYSTERY CHALLENGE!!! This week’s challenge is going to be an easy one because our weekly challenge (No sweets!) is a rather tough one, so… Please read and study, one conference talk from this last general conference (April 2011). I am making this challenge worth 3 points.

The Spreadsheet is attached! Please open it and print it up (one for each person in your family doing the challenge) and put it somewhere handy so each night, you can write down your points that you achieved that day. Then at the end of the week, total them all up and be ready to enter that total onto the SURVEY (Google Doc) that I will email you every Sunday. Please fill out all the questions on the survey and submit it. This is how I keep track of all of you and see how you are doing!
Please have your survey submitted by MONDAY AT NOON!
Then I will put all of our totals and other info on a spreadsheet and email it out to everyone later Monday or Tuesday so you can see how we are doing!!!

BECOME A FOLLOWER (Click on the "Follower" button on the right side of the blog) of the blog so you can stay up to date and get practical ideas and get motivated and see how the Crawfords and others are surviving!

REWARD at the end?  The blessings that we will get from working harder to become our best selves is going to be more of a reward than we can imagine, but for those of you who want to do something more tangible, go ahead and do something nice for yourself, your spouse, or grab a few friends and think of a fun way to treat the person who gets the most points, like take them out to lunch. As a whole group though, the reward is intrinsic and I’m sure will be more precious than gold!

PARTY at the end? You betcha! I’d love to get together and meet all of you (I know about half of you, there are a lot from north Mesa who I haven’t met but would love to party with all of you!) So let’s plan on something the weekend of July 9th (?) More details later.

LASTLY-  No one is asking perfection of you (we know that takes millions of years to achieve) but we are asked to “Try a little harder to be a little better” so that is our goal. When we have righteous goals the Lord has promised to help us and with Him, we can do anything!!! So pray for specific ways that He can help you. Maybe you need more will power, or help getting out of bed earlier, or help finding more time in your day.

He can work miracles and He will help you, I promise!

Best wishes, I am praying for all of you everyday!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all of the work you have put into this. Everything is so thorough and complete! GAME ON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dido the thank you for all you have done. I am glad to be a part of this. I already lost my cheat day...I ate your marshmallows! I don't even like marshmallows! I thought about exercise as I participated in Jury duty. Tomorrow is another day. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete