A 12 week challenge for people of all ages to improve their spiritual and physcial fitness to be better instruments in the hands of God while helping Him build His Kingdom!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Week 2, Day 1 (April 18)

TEAM-

I hope you had a great week and are proud of what you've accomplished! I hope you stretched yourself and did your best. If not, there is always next week! 

We are up to 159 members... from across the country, and the WORLD! Yes, we have a friend in Germany taking the challenge! I am hearing lots of great reports of many of you looking and feeling better, gettng consistent exercise for the first time in years, praying in the mornings too instead of just at night! I know it can be really hard to get up earlier in the morning or give up things you love but you are doing it and I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!

We are famous!  My fabulous hairdresser who lives in Mesa, but not in my sister's ward, received an email from her relief society emailer with info about our challenge and the link to our blog in it!!! It's spreading! 

This weeks challenge:  keep a food journal and COUNT CALORIES. You can do this at www.livestrong.com (go to "my plate") or get an iPhone app called "Lose it." There are also apps that count calories on the Droid called "Fitness Pal" and another "Calorie Counter." In the Fitness Pal app, you can actually scan the bar code of the food item you are eating to get the calorie info!!

Use your spreadsheets on your computer! They are sophisticated and will automatically add up your points, give you daily and weekly totals, add bonus points and give you averages!!! CHECK IT OUT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment