The day started out with me falling back into old habits... (sort of).
After taking my son to school at 6:15 am, I came back and layed back down on the couch to catch a few zzz's before the next child needed me, but FIRST, I said a nice long prayer and read a chapter from 1st Nephi (ok. I listened to it on Mormon Radio). Then I snoozed a bit- but I made up for it with a very heart-pounding 5 mile bike ride. Phew! I recovered!
Observation 1- after eating nothing sweet for 3 days, I am noticing how SWEET raw almonds and carrots are!!! YUM! My new "candy."
Observation 2- My stomach has been slightly grumpy but today is starting to feel happy again.
Observation 3- Nature is sooooo BEAUTIFUL!!! My runs and bike rides are really boosting my overall mood because Heavenly Father's creations are made to bring us joy and they DO!
When writing an email to a friend just now, I was telling her how I feel like I am shaking off the dust that has been accumulating on me and it made me think of the scripture 2 Nephi 1:23-
"Awake, my sons; put on the armor of righteousness. Shake off the chains with which ye are bound, and come forth out of obscurity, and arise from the dust."
I have always loved this scripture but today it has new meaning. I hope things in your life are becoming more vibrant and more clear as you shake off the chains and the dust!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment