Amazing group of warriors-
How is your first day going? I hope you are all surviving!!! Mine is going pretty well, I had a nice run with my 11-year-old daughter this morning, but I did accidentally find myself with a handful of marshmallows this morning and had to put them back!
![]() |
| Thanks for the visual reminder Jason! Haha! |
All you need to do now is keep doing the daily challenges the Weekly challenges and the mystery challenge (read conference talk) and track your progress on the spreadsheet.
On Sunday, I will send you a survey where you will click on your name from a list, and then report your total points for the week, and answer a few other questions. Please send it back by Monday at noon.
If you are anything like me, you will notice that when you are about to make new strides in your life, or reach new heights, a lot of obstacles seem to appear before you. The adversary does NOT want you to improve yourself in ANY way- so he will use all his old tricks and shoot his fiery darts at all your weak spots to try and trip you up, but that doesn’t mean he can stop you! When he comes knocking at your door, just refuse to answer it and carry on with what you know is right. Seeing him coming is half the battle because when you see his traps, it is easier to avoid them. With the Savior on our side, we have all the power we need.
MORONI 7:33 And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me. (it's true- just experiment on His words and find out)
I asked my sister, Maryjane, for some more clarification about what “No Sweets” means. Here is what she said,
No, "no sweets" means no concentrated sweets…We decided to not do artificial sweeteners (in a cookie for example). It defeats the purpose of learning to avoid sugary things and finding great-tasting alternatives. I would just say no concentrated sweets (or concentrated sugar substitutes). Let the people decide what would be a stretch for them. (I think fresh fruits are definitely ok!)
After today you will have only 5 days left of “No Sweets” (you have one cheat day, remember?)
YOU CAN DO ANYTHING FOR FIVE DAYS!!
Sarah Crawford
P.S. We have 150 participants!!! (We have people from all over Mesa, Gilbert, quite a few in Utah, some in Texas, my dentist, stake president's wife, bishop's wife, and lots of amazing teenage girls!!)

No comments:
Post a Comment